Coram Voice works in a variety of different areas in order to support children and young people in care and care leavers.
We deliver high quality advice and support
Our advocates make sure children know their rights and have a right to say what they think when decisions are made about their care, regardless of their age, understanding, status or geography.
We seek out those who need our help most
Those children who need us the most are often the least likely to contact us. We go to places where children in care and care leavers are highly represented, such as centres for homeless young people.
We work as a problem solving partner
We work with governmental bodies, Local Authorities, social care organisations and health services to ensure children’s voices are at the heart of service delivery. We also make sure that service development, improvement and delivery in this area, is informed by children’s knowledge and experience.
We provide a platform for A National Voice for children and young people
So they themselves can champion a change in attitudes, challenging the stigma they face and promoting their ambitions and achievements.
How we achieve this
We achieve this through:
- Providing Always Heard, the only national advocacy advice line and safety net for children in and leaving care.
- Our national network of independent advocates.
- Independent visitors to become reliable adult support for children.
- Independent persons to ensure children’s rights are upheld in the complaints process and at Secure Accommodation Reviews.
- The Bright Spots Programme, the largest national survey of the views of children and young people in and leaving care in England.
- Voices our national writing competition for children and young people in and leaving care.
- A National Voice, our ambassador programme for care experienced children and young people.
Coram and the Coram Group of Charities
Coram Voice is part of the Coram Group of charities. Working with Coram and the other members of the group, we are able to combine our strengths, reach and abilities, making the biggest possible difference to the greatest number of children and young people.
Find out more at www.coram.org.uk.
Get in touch