What is important to children in care and care leavers?
The questions in our surveys were developed with children in care and care leavers, to reflect the things they felt made their lives good.
Children and young people told us about the importance of having opportunities to have fun and do the things that they enjoy.
We ask children in care questions about whether they:
- Get to have fun at weekends.
- Spend time on their hobbies.
- Explore the outdoors.
We ask care leavers about what they:
- Enjoy doing in their spare time and if anything stops them from having fun.
How are local authorities supporting children and young people to have fun and enjoy their free time?
- A community based project: running an accessible allotment to improve mental health and links with the community(Jan 2021) Isle of Wight
- Setting up a five-a-side football team to combat loneliness(Jan 2021) East Riding
- Dance workshop to build self esteem (Jan 2021) East Riding
Return to the Practice Bank