Coram Voice is delighted to be launching a specialist homeless outreach project in Manchester for young people facing issues around homelessness. This project, the second by Coram Voice, draws on our years of experience of providing homeless outreach advocacy in London.
Our trusted independent Homeless Outreach Advocates will working with local partner agencies, provide the vital support young people need to get a safe place to live, working with young people of all ages up to age 25.
Often when a young person is unable to remain at home, or where they usually live, it can be hard to for them to get the support they need from Children’s Social Care. Our Homeless Outreach Advocates help young people navigate the systems and resolve any difficulties they have been facing. Through our Homeless Outreach Advocates we help young people move off the streets and into safe housing. By continuing to support them beyond this process, we can help them to re-engage with the system and access the financial, housing and educational benefits to which they are entitled.
Our Homeless Outreach Advocates offer support by:
- Helping young people to understand how Children’s Social Care should help them.
- Help them to get somewhere safe to live.
- Make sure people listen to what they have to say about their life so they know what’s important to them.
- Help them get specialist advice – from a solicitor or social worker if they need it.
- Help them to get a solicitor if they need one.
Working with local partner agencies the project will run across Greater Manchester (Manchester, Trafford, Stockport, Tameside, Rochdale, Oldham, Bury, Bolton, Wigan and Salford).
Our services are free.
If you would like help call us for free on 0808 800 5792.