Digital Board Innovators (8 posts)
Are you care-experienced and aged 18-25? Are you a Vlogger, digital storyteller, filmmaker or graphic designer? If so then this is the role for you.
Coram Voice are recruiting 8 Digital Innovators to join our Digital Board. Working with our Digital Youth Engagement Coordinator, you will reshape our digital strategy and create new digital resources: blogs, vlogs and interactive apps to promote and support the work we do with young people in and leaving care across the country.
This is a fantastic opportunity for care experienced young people interested in digital communications to use their talent, skills and expertise to create dynamic new resources to reach care experienced young people across the country.
Please note: this contract has fixed hours, consisting of six sessions across January and February 2019.
We will be holding interviews and a workshop for shortlisted applicants on the afternoon and evening of Friday 14th December.
The Digital Innovator role will consist of six sessions. These will fall between January you February 2019 in London (WC1) on the following days:
- 10th January, 5pm – 8pm
- 24th January, 5pm – 8pm
- 7th February, 5pm – 8pm
- 16th February, 10am – 6pm
- 17th February, 10am – 6pm
- 28th February, 5pm – 8pm
There will be additional training sessions; dates and times to be confirmed.
To apply, please click on the link below to be directed to the application form: https://jobs.coram.org.uk/vacancy/74017
If you have any questions about the role, the process of applying or Voice’s wider work please contact Mel, Digital Youth Engagement Coordinator on Melanie.Phillips@coram.org.uk
You will be required to submit a video or a statement which answers these questions:
- Why are you interested in being a Digital Board Innovator? Tell us about why the role interests you, what makes you want to join the Coram Voice Digital Board.
- What skills, talent and experience do you bring to this role? Tell us about any experience you have working with digital media that might be useful. We are particularly interested in hearing about experience with film, photography and graphic design.
- Tell us about one digital tool you think should be developed to make things better for care experienced young people. Be as inventive as you’d like. Tell us about what you’re passionate about, what you want to change and how you think digital technology can be used to make this change happen.
Videos should be maximum 5 minutes long.
You can send your videos to us via WeTransfer (https://wetransfer.com/) or you can upload to Vimeo or YouTube and send us a link. If your video is private please remember to share log in details so we’re able to view it.
Written statements should be maximum one side of A4. This is part of your application form.
If you have any examples of your work, e.g. photos, videos or designs that you’d like to share, we would love to see them so please do include them in your application.
Please send your video statement and any examples of work to: Melanie.Phillips@coram.org.uk
Closing Date: Monday 3rd December 2018
Interview Date: Friday 14th December 2018
All posts are subjected to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and successful candidates will not be able to work unsupervised with children or young people until the completion of this process.Coram Voice - working towards quality through equality and the development of a diverse workforce.
We ask that recruitment agencies do not contact us in relation to this position.We have chosen to recruit directly as this helps us to minimise our recruitment costs, ensuring that valuable funds aren't diverted from the children and young people we help.
Registered Charity Number 1046207