“I found having an advocate gave me confidence to speak out and say what I think.”
An Advocate is different from any other professional. They are there just to support you. They will make sure you know your rights and get the support you need from Children’s Services. They are there to help you.
How can my Advocate help me?
- They will tell you about your rights and give you information and advice about the things you should get from Children’s Services, your social worker, foster carer or where you are living.
- They can go with you to meetings with your social worker. such as your Pathway Plan meeting or LAC review to help you say the things that are important to you.
- If you are unhappy about how you are being treated by Children’s Services or if you are worried about what is happening they can help get this sorted out.
- They can make sure you understand what professionals are saying and help you to say what you want and make sure people listen to you.
- They will always be on your side.