What is a Privacy Statement?
This is a privacy statement, it is about the information we collect about you. We have to have this by law (General Data Protection Regulation. May 2018) so you know what we do with information we have about you. See also our Privacy Statements for young people
This is a privacy statement, it is about the information we collect about you. We have to have this by law (General Data Protection Regulation. May 2018) so you know what we do with information we have about you.
We are only able to keep information about you when you know:
- Exactly who is keeping your information and data
- Why we are keeping your information
- What reasons we have for keeping your information
- The types of personal information we will keep
- Where your personal data has come from
- Who we might share information with and why
- How long we will keep your information
- What your rights are for example- if you want to see your records
- What if you think the information you have about me is wrong?
- How you can stop us from having your information
- How you can make a complaint
Under data protection laws, Coram Voice must protect any data we collect from you. We will only keep personal information about you that we need to run our services. We will never share your data with anyone unless you tell us it is ok, unless we think you or others could be at risk of harm or there is a legal reason we need to share it.
What information do we collect from you?
Coram Voice collects the following kinds of information from people visiting this website
- feedback or questions about our work (through visitors emailing Coram Voice or completing online forms)
- queries and customer satisfaction survey results (via the Coram Voice website)
- site usage information, using cookies and page tagging techniques
Coram Voice collects information for people who are interested in our work.
- Contact details for individuals who are interested in our work and training to be able to send them updates about what we do. We will only send you information about the areas that you have said you wanted us to. Mailing lists will be reviewed every year. We will use tracking data in our mailing software (Mailchimp) to review engagement newsletters and improve their content and distribution. You can unsubscribe to our mailing list any time via our mailings or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Coram Voice collects the followings kinds of information from people contacting Always Heard – Advocacy Advice line:
- Basic personal information relating to your case, including your name, contact details, and brief notes on your legal case. We will keep your information until you are 25 if we worked with you when you were under 18 years old or if you were older than 18 when we worked with you, for 7 years once we have stopped working with you. After that time it will be securely destroyed.You can ask for a copy of the information we hold relating to you at any time during this period.
- if consent is given: contact details for the purposes of collecting feedback – you can withdraw this consent at any time
- feedback (through online surveys, emails and feedback calls)
Coram Voice collects the following kinds of information from people who attend training or events:
- Name, contact details, job role and dietary or access requirements so that you can attend and participate in the training or event.
- If consent is given: contact details, in order to collect feedback six months after the session. NB consent can be withdrawn at any time.
Coram Voice collects the following kinds of information from children and young people who we work with:
- Personal information that relates to the work we are doing.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect information about you so that we can work with you, keep you up to date about our work, improve our services and report to our funders how we are doing. Information collected by Coram Voice is used to:
- Send you information about our work if you have given us consent to do so.
- monitor and evaluate our services
- improve the content and design of the website, newsletters and communications
- contact you, with your consent, to send you information or get feedback on our work
- report to our funders (data is always shared on an anonymous and non-identifiable basis)
- conduct research and development, with your consent;
- communicate publically about the difference that we make to young people. This would never be done in a way that would identify individual young people without their explicit permission.
Who do we share your information with?
Coram Voice’s services are confidential. When you give us your name, address or phone number it will remain confidential and will not be passed on to anyone else (third parties).
Coram Voice will never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes without you telling us we can do this.
However, if you give us information that suggests you or someone else is at serious risk of harm, then we may have to tell someone to keep you or them safe.
Coram Voice doesn’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
How can I ask for the information Coram Voice holds about me?
For a copy of any information collected about you through any of the above methods, please email: email@example.com
How can I make a complaint?
If you need to make a complaint you can do so by contacting us in the first instance at The data controller Coram Voice, Gregory House, Coram Campus, 49 Mecklenburgh Square, London, WC1N 2QA , telephone 020 7833 5792 firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not happy then you can also complain to:
The Information Commissioner
Help line: 0303 123 1113
What are Cookies and how do you use them?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to make sure that the site reflects your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. If you want to prevent our cookies being stored on your computer in future, you may do so by referring to your internet browser’s instructions. You can do this by clicking on the “Help” menu. Please note, however, that if you disable our cookies you may not be able to access certain services or facilities on our site and your use of our site may be restricted. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
Social Media Platforms
Coram Voice will monitor users’ behaviour on our social media platforms using the tracking data gathered by the respective platforms. We will use this data in anonymised form and will not link it to any identifying information or use it for profiling individual users.
Coram Voice will not use any of our social media platforms to ask for personal or sensitive information and encourages users wishing to discuss sensitive information to contact us through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
What about other Websites?
In entering this site you as a user are accepting these terms and conditions.
Using Coram Voice’s website
Coram Voice is maintained for your personal use and viewing. The access and use of Coram Voice featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. They take effect from the date on which you first use this website. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting via this website any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, likely to give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any law. We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order lawfully requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials on this website.
Linking to Coram Voice
Coram Voice welcomes and encourages other websites to link to the information that is hosted on these pages. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Coram Voice website and material relating to information, products and services (or to third party information, products and services), is provided ‘as is’, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, completeness and accuracy.
We do not warrant or represent that the functions contained in the material available on this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
In no event will we be liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use, of data, or loss of profits, arising out of or in connection with the use of www.coramvoice.org.uk, or reliance on its content.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. The Coram Voice website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and users should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.