If you are in care for more than 12 months you should have a Junior Savings Account, which the government will put £200 into.

You won’t be able to access this money until you are over 18.

Sometimes your carers may set up a separate savings account for you so you can save money but also get it when you need it.

If you do have a personal savings account there will be some rules about how and when you can spend this money. You will need to speak to your carer about this.