My rights as a qualifying care leaver

As a qualifying care leaver, Children’s Services must:

  • Give you advice and support.
  • Keep in touch with you.
  • Provide or pay for accommodation during college or university holidays, if you are studying full-time away from home, up to age 25.

Children’s Services might also:

  • Find you somewhere to live in exceptional circumstances.
  • Support you by buying the items you need or, in exceptional circumstances, giving you cash if you need it for your education or health.
  • Give you a grant to pay for expenses related to your education, training and work needs up to age 25.
  • Contribute to living expenses related with your education and training, up to age 25.